Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had to reinstall with the original discs (10.3.7/10.4.0) and then upgrade to 10.4.11. The vCards were left on the original hard drive intact, but when I try to import them, I get the message that "no importable cards were found."

I had to reinstall with the original discs (10.3.7/10.4.0) and then upgrade to 10.4.11. The vCards were left on the original hard drive intact, but when I try to import them, I get the message that "no importable cards were found." I then ran permissions repair and that did not work; what next?

iMacG5, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 4:25 AM

3 replies

Sep 29, 2011 11:50 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks, fixed it shortly after posting the question (up all night fixing the crash; answer came to me while in the shower).

What I had to do was delete both the Metadata folder within the address book-related Cache folder in Library, as well as the Address Book folder within the Application Support folder, which happens to be found in another "Library." I then transferred the corresponding files from the previous system (which had been set aside during the reinstallation process), reinstalled Address Book, voila, there were my contacts!

It's confusing to have two identically named file folders so close together within the hierarchy, but I guess there is a valid reason for that.

I had to reinstall with the original discs (10.3.7/10.4.0) and then upgrade to 10.4.11. The vCards were left on the original hard drive intact, but when I try to import them, I get the message that "no importable cards were found."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.