Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt Display and ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Card?

I would like to get a new monitor that will be Thuderbolt compatible with upcoming Thunderbolth MacPros. If I get a TD and attach it to my MacPro with a

ATI Radeon HD 5770 display card, will I get a picture OR is is completely incompatible? I understnad that the other peripherals behind the display will not work--that's fine with me. They'll work when I upgrade to a future MacPro. I just want a picture. I don't want to buy a 27" Cinema Display since it it not Thunderbolt capable. Any ideas????

Thanks.

Mark Paul

MacPro 3GHz Dual-Core, 30, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Other computers: 2010 15" MacBook Pro i7 w/HiRes, 11.6" MacBook

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 12:31 AM

Hey Mark,

I'm in the same boat. Just bought the Thunderbolt Display and expected it to work with my ATI 5770 mini Display Port connection for picture only. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Now I'm stuck trying to decide whether to return the TB Display, or wait for TB video cards. Based on things I've read from AMD/ATI, it's not looking good.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2011 12:31 AM in response to Mark Paul Cordeiro

Hey Mark,

I'm in the same boat. Just bought the Thunderbolt Display and expected it to work with my ATI 5770 mini Display Port connection for picture only. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Now I'm stuck trying to decide whether to return the TB Display, or wait for TB video cards. Based on things I've read from AMD/ATI, it's not looking good.

Thunderbolt Display and ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.