Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore!!

My ipod wont restore!! help im sad 😟 music is my life..

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 4:41 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2011 3:07 PM in response to Chris.666

I went through a lot of trial and error to fix mine but found that this method worked great. It is a little risky so if you are unsure, then I'd stay away.

1. Press and hold select and menu to reset.

2. When the apple comes up, press select and play to put the iPod in disk mode.

3. Plug iPod in and make sure iTunes recognizes it. It will still give you an error but ignore it.

4. Find out what the iPod drive name is. Mine is G: so be careful what you put in because this will completely format any drive you type in.
Open up CMD from the run or start menu. Type in:

Format G: /FS:FAT32.
(Remember to replace G: with whatever drive your iPod is.)

Then hit enter. It may take a while. This will start the iPod format.

5. When that is finished, you will get an error that says something like the drive is too big for FAT. Ignore this.

6. Eject the iPod using iTunes and then press the select and menu button to reset the iPod back into normal mode.

7. Plug the iPod back in. You will get a message on Windows saying that you need to format it again. Ignore this.

8. Restore the iPod using iTunes.

This method will completely wipe the iPod and formats the entire thing to its original file format. I have read that doing this can reduce the life of the iPod, but better than having a iPod paper weight. This method made mine run like new again. Hope this helps.

Aug 4, 2012 7:58 AM in response to Chris.666

Heres what I did..Im not a techie so please bare with me.

1. I did the instructions to set the ipod as a disk by doing the reset then pressing the select and play/pause when the apple logo came up.

2. attached it to the mac using the cord

3. opened disk utility and checked.

4. Used the repair tool on disk utility.

5. when complete ejected the ipod, untethered it and did another reset

6. tethered it back to mac.

7. connected to iTunes

Found and worlking!

Restore!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.