Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to Lion, Magic Mouse clicks will not register half the time.

the mouse click refuses to register half the time. It usually takes two or three times to get it to recognize. I know others have had this issue. Anybody find a way to resolve this? or heard about any fixes on this from Apple? Any help would be appreciated. This is really messing up my computing experience to the point that I want to throw it out the window like my old dell computers.

iMac 21.5" & MacBook Mid-2007 4GB

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 8:18 PM

12 replies

Jan 17, 2017 9:50 AM in response to SteveKir

SteveKir wrote:

I recently contacted AppleCare about my Magic Mouse loosing connection completely a few times per day, and the advice was not to let the battery level fall below about 50% (System Preferences > Mouse), especially when using rechargeable batteries. So that might help you.

Seriously? This must be a joke, right? I mean, they offer a device totally dependend on rechargable batteries (if I don't want to pollute the environment like crazy buying one time batteries every week). And next Apple says those rechargable batteries cannot fall below 50% of charge?

Fools! This needs to be fixed.

Oct 7, 2011 8:26 AM in response to albertnewyork

I'm having the same problem – VERY often since installing Lion my Magic Mouse won't register clicks. I have to double-click, and sometimes even triple-click, links on websites for example, looking like a fool. It's driving me insane! Surely Apple must have come up with a solution to this by now, but I can't find any information about it!?

Nov 15, 2011 4:36 PM in response to lottaar

Thanks a lot lottaar.

You know it's funny...I didn't use MagicPrefs, but i had a similar Pref Pane installed called Jitouch.

I even installed the beta they claim that works with Lion....

As soon as i uninstalled it, my mouse works fine again.

What's even funnier, is that the Jitouch pref Pane has an on off switch,

Pressing the off switch, didn't actually worked!!

It had to be uninstalled.

Thanks for your post though, i appreciate it...

Since upgrading to Lion, Magic Mouse clicks will not register half the time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.