Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of 802.1x 'Default Authentication'?

Hi All,

Everytime I close my MBP's lid, put it to sleep, or simply turn it on... My wifi is no longer connected.

this all started ever since I decided to 'Turn Off Wifi' the very first time since I got my MBP this year 2011, in June.

Whenever I do any of the above (put MBP to sleep etc) then get back to working.. My Safari says I'm not connected to the internet.

And I see my Wifi signal "blinking" and trying to connect. So I go to my Network preferences and see this:User uploaded file

There's that '802.1X: Default Authenticating' that appears below my wireless network's name..

After which i have to Disconnect from twice - 1 time, before it tries to "authenticate" again.. and then a 2nd time.. and then it stops completely,

Then i have to proceed to click and choose my network again and re-enter my password just to get the Airport/Wifi working again..

Someone please give me a solution to get my Wifi to automatically connect whenever I switch on my MBP - and to get rid of this annoying 802.1X which does nothing and just continues to try and "authenticate" with no result.

It would be very very much appreciated! Thank You!

PS. I did read somewhere online about 802.11g newer wirelss network cards and how they may have issues with an 802.1x network etc..

Don't really understand it though. Please explain if you could. Cheers

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), New to Mac, just a few months..

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 1:49 AM

User uploaded file

Realized that OSX Lion as re-prioritized my Wi-Fi to the bottom of the list.

What I had to do was place it in first priority again in Network settings.

Quite a disappointment from OSX Lion since in OS Snow Leopard that was the default setting - and certainly a hassle for newbie Mac users like myself who may be clueless when faced with these "issues"

Also attached above is the picture that for some strange reason disappeared in the original post..

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2011 1:49 AM in response to sketchwish

User uploaded file

Realized that OSX Lion as re-prioritized my Wi-Fi to the bottom of the list.

What I had to do was place it in first priority again in Network settings.

Quite a disappointment from OSX Lion since in OS Snow Leopard that was the default setting - and certainly a hassle for newbie Mac users like myself who may be clueless when faced with these "issues"

Also attached above is the picture that for some strange reason disappeared in the original post..

How to get rid of 802.1x 'Default Authentication'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.