Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband will only play tracks when SOLO selected

Hey all

Since I imported an aiff file a moment ago, Garageband has decided to only play the tracks in the song when I click the SOLO button.

I do not have ANY other tracks solo'd, so I have no idea why its suddently decided to do this.

I can see all of my tracks none greyed out.

Weird!

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 8:00 AM

15 replies

Oct 3, 2011 5:22 AM in response to HangTime

HangTime wrote:

shippo_uk wrote:

I am always deleting/duplicating/creating new tracks.

create some tracks (audio and midi) and look for one that's soloed ... unsolo it

Hi

Sorry, but I dont understand you.

Like I said there are NO solo'd tracks.

I am working on an absolutley huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge file though with many many tracks.

But 100% there are NO solo'd tracks.

So I think maybe Garageband just doesnt like it.

No sweat though, I've actually reverted to an earlier saved .band file and all is OK.

Oct 3, 2011 7:14 AM in response to MattiMattMatt

MattiMattMatt wrote:

HangTime wrote:

create some tracks (audio and midi) and look for one that's soloed ... unsolo it

That's pretty clever, actually!

Shippo, you should try HT's advice!

Hi

Is this a known fault or something and this is a fix for it?

I just dont know how creating tracks will help me "Find" a solo'd track when NONE are aleady solo'd?

Does it unhide a HIDDEN solo'd track or something?

Like I said I'm not working on this version of this song anymore so its not really an issue for myself anymore, so I'm replying on behalf of anyone else who may have this problem now or in the future.

Oct 3, 2011 8:17 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

Christoph Drösser wrote:

Why don't you just try it?

Hi

Like I said

I'm not working on this version of this song anymore so its not really an issue for myself anymore, so I'm replying on behalf of anyone else who may have this problem now or in the future.

I cannot JUST TRY IT as I dont even have the version anymore I deleted it off my system as there was no point in keeping it.

I know you all probably just think "Yeah, he must has accidently had a track solo'd".

But I swear to god this was NOT the case.

Thanks

Garageband will only play tracks when SOLO selected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.