Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Mail slowly going bonkers...

I have 2 separate mobile me accounts set up; one for work and one for home. In the last two months on both accounts on two different computers, often, when I go to send an email, I will get an error message about the server not being available or whatever. So, I run the connection doctor; it seems to reset things and then I can send the mail.

Well, today, in spite of the connection doctor saying all the accounts are online, I am still getting the error message and now I can't send mail at all. I still receive it, but no sending. It spirals around for 15 mintues and then advises it can't use the server and my only option then is to edit the message and cancel it. I had had to go online to my mobile me account in order to send mail.

I just looked in the outbox and there are the two test messages.

What's going on here?

iMac Duo Core 2 GHz-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 9:17 AM

Also, on both computers, I have to have the Connection Doctor up and recently made it check the connections and for them to be okay before mail will go out.

2 replies

Oct 6, 2011 3:04 PM in response to LindaLeeMee

Thanks, Apple for not caring about this issue that I see a lot of people are having. Keep treating your own product like it's too good to be repaired and we will all slowly go away.

I find I can't use my email program at all reliably and will go to Google mail tonight.

Eventually, if Apple keeps changing the good things about Apple to crap (like this new discusssion board where no one answers anything unless it's an easy fix and Apple doesn't bother), you will alienate people who've had and supported you a long time (me, since 1990, am considering making a change to something more reliable for my business - I can't have the mail working on and off again like this).

Desktop Mail slowly going bonkers...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.