Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV shows "no movies in library"

Ihave a repeatable issue with my AppleTV 2. I actually have this issue with 2 AppleTV 2's in my house. Everytime I turn on my AppleTV and go to computers I slect my only computer sharing and go to movies is say "No movies". There are lots of movies in my iTunes library. If I exit iTunes on the sharing iMac and reopen it and go back to that AppleTV and open thayt machine under computers again.... they all show up. This is soooo annoying because tehse are on differnt florors of my home. What would you do to trouble shoot this? Does it have something to do with my iMac going to sleep?

Imacs, MacBook Pros, Mac OS X (10.6.2), A variety of machines all running the same apps

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 10:05 AM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2011 5:46 PM in response to csawotin

I have the same issue, but with itunes running on Windows 7. I too have multiple apple tvs (3). Restarting itunes clears up the problem. I wish Apple with would fix this problem. It is really annoying. My computer is in the office on the second floor. I feel real silly in front of the family when we try to watch a movie and I have "fix the problem" by running up the stairs and then coming back a minute later.

Oct 7, 2011 9:37 AM in response to Roger Weir

Same problem.

My Setup includes: Mac Mini and Two Apple TVs located in differente rooms.

Maybe setting up the Mac Mini to never Sleep, and Schedule frequent restarts (every 8 hours or so) will help. Problem with scheduling is that most of the time, mac mini will display a warning about conneted users and will not restart automatically. Thoughts on how to fix that?

Thanks

AppleTV shows "no movies in library"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.