Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to Tiger (PPC) client after 3.5.1 upgrade

I am no longer able to connect to a Tiger client. This machine is a Powerbook that is running Tiger which also means I can not upgrade to the latest client or OS due to hardware. I am able to connect fine to Lion and (snow) leopard machines, just an issue with Tiger. This all worked fine until my upgrade to the 3.5.1 version, and I have also since updated to Lion on the requesting machine.

Is there a version of the ARD client I can install and use on the Tiger machine that works with the 3.5.1 console?

BTW this is via the WAN and all the necessary ports are open.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 10:50 AM

6 replies

Oct 7, 2011 10:35 AM in response to TeenTitan

Well there you have it! Somehow it is no longer installed on the system. Is there an appropriate version I should install? It is a Powerbook G4 with Tiger on it. Not sure what the version needed would be as i tried to load the latest and it informst me it will not install due to the lack of an Intel processor. Any pointers appreciated to the appropriate download area.

Thanks for ferreting this one out for me!

Unable to connect to Tiger (PPC) client after 3.5.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.