Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading i Device

Does anyone know where I can upgrade my iPod 2G to a newer Generation or to an iPad?

Please Help me out!

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 5:40 PM

You can't upgrade from device to device for free or any sort of exchange deal, you have to actually buy the new device if you want a new iPod. There is no "trade-up" feature from Apple or anyone else if that's what you meant, so you're out of options in that case. The only way is to just buy the product at retail price or on Amazon if you're looking for a bargain.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2011 5:40 PM in response to applefanguy

You can't upgrade from device to device for free or any sort of exchange deal, you have to actually buy the new device if you want a new iPod. There is no "trade-up" feature from Apple or anyone else if that's what you meant, so you're out of options in that case. The only way is to just buy the product at retail price or on Amazon if you're looking for a bargain.

Upgrading i Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.