Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 different speed drives ???

So when my RAID failed a week or so ago, and I started to take apart my macMini (4,1 dual drives) I noticed that

the drives were different speeds, one 5400, one 7200 Both Hitachi - 😟. Seems pretty ridiculous to me, especially for a RAID or do

people think that sounds normal ? Consequently, the drive that failed was the 5400 drive, but shortly thereafter, the 7200 is now

experiencing some VERY flaky behaviour and so they both ended up on the counter and 2 new drives were installed. It does

seem a little strange to me that 2 drives, which were functioning in a software mirror RAID would go that quick...

Couldn't be hassled to take the server out of production that long to bring to genius bar, but I might bring it up the

next time I am in the store, cause the 2 different drive thing seems interesting to me.

Jeff.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 3:23 AM

1 reply

2 different speed drives ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.