Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! i´M looking my beautiful iMac dying!!!!!somebody can HELP????

Hello everybody!!! im here for the first time and im really sad......I{m crying in this moment.....

Since this night trying to fight with this horror film.... i tried to do my best....read forums, magazines, etc...and couldn t find something really helfully!!!!! looks like nobody was prepared for this tragedy!!!!! There ist someone in this planet that can to help me???? help me to own once again my little Princess????? I m Musician and COMPOSER....!!!!!!! and looks like i lost part of my work!!!!! great part is safe!!!!! but a lot is lost....Because i was working for a job that i needed to finish whitin tomorrow..... There is something that can i do???? this night i tryed to update Leopart, update the last security apps and nothing......I couldn t sleep the hole night and now im feeling seek!!!! I bought my iMAC on march from this year but i never needed Help!!! so today was my first day in problems!!!! i wrote e-mails and there was not help, i tryed to have online assistence and there was always asked to me the serial number...and says that my number ist false!!!!. I bought the computer in the best Music Music shop from Berlin....I read already i m not alone in this story....I still beleve that some angel can help to me!!!!! and if not possible wanna hear your similar stories!!! and share this sadness with you....

saludos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 6:40 AM

Guten Morgen,

This is a user-to-user forum ... if we're to help you we need to put your anguish aside and define the problem(s). You said you lost some of your data and you did an update to 10.6.8 and there are issues. You'll need to be more specific.

Data first ... why do you think you lost data? What were you doing that leads you to believe you lost data? What is the nature of your backup?

OS X 10.6.8 ... what does 'nothing' mean? You can't boot or is this a solution you tried to retreive your data or ?

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2011 6:40 AM in response to diegofromberlin

Guten Morgen,

This is a user-to-user forum ... if we're to help you we need to put your anguish aside and define the problem(s). You said you lost some of your data and you did an update to 10.6.8 and there are issues. You'll need to be more specific.

Data first ... why do you think you lost data? What were you doing that leads you to believe you lost data? What is the nature of your backup?

OS X 10.6.8 ... what does 'nothing' mean? You can't boot or is this a solution you tried to retreive your data or ?

Oct 1, 2011 9:23 AM in response to diegofromberlin

Ok! thank for your answers and sorry if i wasn t more concrete in my explenations...

Ok in resume,

Everithing was perfect till last night since i purchased my beautifull iMac 21.5 Intel Core i3, 4GB Ram and Snow Leopard 10.6.8...

like 2 weeks ago looking for some cleaners who helped me into elimination of innecesary folders and files went into the site of MacKeeper!!!!"""" ( from ZeoBit)..it looked nice and Pro, so i made the big mistake of trying it... though was like CCleaner that is what i always in my windowa 7 laptop i use.but was not free as the publicity, they wanted 39 $ a month and i decided to wait till maybe i found a free alternative...after that every time that i was surfing there was always to many Pop Ups fro MacKeeper enywhere..so yesterday i suspect that something wrong where h that programm so i wanted to google it to look information about.. and so i came to read many disaproval articles ( exception what written from MacKeepers team)...i wanted then to uninstal after beeing in the Bin i couldn t empty it ... so i read a lot and result that MacKeeper was considered a very dangerous Malware--.till this moment didn t know that something like that could affect a Mac.. i read also about a infected PDF archive in chinese who comes with a trojan and in the last weeks the allert about a fake update from FLASH PLAYER...programm that like 4 days ago i also updated it... looking for solutions i look in my Monitor of activities and recent places when i realize that ther where moviment everywhere,,,every suspicsious file wanted to investigate and i had like 7 trojans or similars... OSX:RSPlug.A , login,google, login,yahoo, and obviusly MacKeeper with his best collegues, Sir Kernel Task and Core services wich folder ( System / Library/ Core Services / CoreTypes) was already totally infected....i tryed to do anything possible for the little that i know and. Suddenly about 9 am i Havn t anymore the control of my iMac...The Administrator was not me.....So the big part of my archives i have saved it but many others not like ex The beautifull piece for symphonic Orchestra that for Monday i supossed to finish....I need to say as well that i didnt receive any helfully answer from apple team and i dont know why when i tried to ask for an online assistence result that i havn t the wrigth serial number..that im gonna go tomorrow to the shop wher i purchased my iMac....so thats is my story.....so i couldnt make nothing to save my princess ... I hope was not to bohring and that the experience of many of you could be usefull to resolve my problem.-, and also hope that this article schould be as well usefull for many people that still didnt heard about this big minace....

and I know im wasn t alone this night!!! i already read many sad stories...

and a call to all Apple programmers and developers to solve this dangerous situation....

Gracias y saludos a todos...

Oct 1, 2011 9:39 AM in response to diegofromberlin

Having tried as best I could to extract the important information from your essay, please note the following:

1. MacKeeper is highly invasive malware that can de-stablize your operating system. It is also a rip-off.

How to uninstall MacKeeper malware:

http://applehelpwriter.com/2011/09/21/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-malware/

2. Never download and install anything pretending to be a version of Flash Player escept from Adobe's web site. All other sources are scams.

3. You may find this User Tip on Viruses, Trojan Detection and Removal, as well as general Internet Security and Privacy, useful:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2435

Oct 1, 2011 9:41 AM in response to diegofromberlin

diegofromberlin wrote:

Everithing was perfect till .... MacKeeper!!!!

Da hast Du ausgerechnet das Übel selbst installiert. Böse Falle.

diegofromberlin wrote:

wanted then to uninstal after beeing in the Bin i couldn t empty it ...

Kein Grund zur Panik. Sowas passiert ab und an. Ist aber auch jetzt nicht wichtig, das kann man später noch regeln.

diegofromberlin wrote:

The Administrator was not me.....

Gibt es einen getrennten Administrator Account auf dem System? Wenn ja ist alles im Lot und alles wird gut.

Oder soll man das so verstehen, das Du dich mit deinem Administrator Account nicht mehr einloggen kannst?

Bitte jetzt erstmal tieeef Luft holen, laaangsam ausatmen und evtl. eine Runde um den Block gehen zum beruhigen.

Dann ganz ruhig und sachlich Info geben.

Was genau geht jetzt nicht mehr?

Gibt es zwei Anmeldungen auf dem System?

Einmal mit Administrator Rechten und 1x ohne?

Oder kannst Du dich nicht mehr als Administrator (Hauptbenutzer) anmelden?

Anyway, das kriegen wir schon geschüsselt.

Lupunus

Oct 1, 2011 10:01 AM in response to diegofromberlin

diegofromberlin wrote:

Thanks Klaus but i think is already too late... my computer is OFF and when i turned it on the screen is always blue and nothing happens!!!

Try to relax and keep calm!!

It's never to late. The blue screen came just from your tweak around in the system. Your Oevre is still on the machine and can be restored.

Try to boot the system in safe mode by holding down shift while power on the machine.

If you can reach the desktop in safe mode, you're halfe the way back to normal.

Try it and give report of the result here.

Message was edited by: lupunus

Oct 1, 2011 10:01 AM in response to lupunus

Hej Lupunus, Thanks a lot!!!! I m gonna write on english, that i think is the best way so everybody understand...

The problemm is that i was saving some material in my external harddrive without problem and deleting some of the dangerous files, and like oft happens my password is asked... but at one point i try to trash this folders and my important material to my external hard drive and the answer where always that i dont have permission to realize such accion...and i couldn t open a file or a song... and all the tracks that before were with the standart I Tune design suddenlly were all like strange design for a CD an one of them appears in my desktop an the Tittle was in Spanish that is my mother toungue and says something like: Is really funny isn ¨t??

Oct 1, 2011 10:07 AM in response to diegofromberlin

diegofromberlin wrote:

and all the tracks that before were with the standart I Tune design suddenlly were all like strange design for a CD an one of them appears in my desktop an the Tittle was in Spanish that is my mother toungue and says something like: Is really funny isn ¨t??

Oh Oh ... but still no reason to panik.

Eventually on this a part of your work is damaged but your machine will come back to normal live.

First try to enter the system in safe mode. If that works DONT DO anything apart of reporting the success here.

If that fail, report here.

We will help you to bring your system back to normal.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! i´M looking my beautiful iMac dying!!!!!somebody can HELP????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.