Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone Is Not Updating

I have an iphone 3gs not updating to 4.3.5 everytime i update it shows an error nd the screen is on recovery mood ! i have the latest itunes ! can someone help

Packard Bell, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 10:18 AM

7 replies

Oct 1, 2011 12:31 PM in response to IssaMasrieh

See Here for Error 1604...

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

1. Connect the device to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
  2. Restore and wait for error 1604.
  3. When prompted, click OK.
  4. Close and reopen iTunes while iPhone remains connected.
  5. iPhone should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
  6. Try to restore again.

Oct 1, 2011 1:15 PM in response to IssaMasrieh

Error 1015 is most commonly a downgrade Error. If you were downgrading your iPhone then that is why you got the Error 1015. But you were not downgrading your firmware, you were trying to Restore with the current Firmware 4.3.5, so why the Downgrade Error. Most likely your iPhone has the iPAD Baseband (Modem Firmware) which is at a higher #, than that in Firmware 4.3.5, so a downgrade attempt of the Baseband was made by iTunes. Apple will not allow that.

If your iPhone has the iPAD Baseband you will need to search the Web for Custom Firmware.

My Iphone Is Not Updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.