Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dull, dull, dull, confusing, dull - Help!

Is there any way at all to get iCal to have Colored Events in month view?

Lion on MacMini

All this battleship gray in Lion is really awful. Change just because they are addicted to change, not because it makes lives better, or makes more profit even.

Mac mini, i5 2011, 8GB+750GB, Lion; iPhone4

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 11:57 AM

8 replies

Oct 1, 2011 12:25 PM in response to WALTER-MILANO-ITALY

WALTER-MILANO-ITALY wrote: You can have a colored dot according to the calendar before the event.

Sorry, that is very very feeble compared to what Apple took away from me in previous versions.

I have sent a request into Apple *(hah!) here:

Apple's use of Battleship gray is really awful, hard to see and read. I know you are all under 40, and can still see small print too. The abuse of older customers as a policy of Apple needs to be rethought, and Don't Take Out tried-and-true human interface successes Just To Appear To Have Something New For Each System, thank you. I am serious, Lion really is terribly dull looking and much harder to use.

Every single study of efficiency and ease of use shows that Colour is a BIG help! So much of what Apple does these days is just Shinier Packaging. Ridiculous to give up features that have been hard won by real designers in the past.

Oct 1, 2011 12:27 PM in response to William Donelson

William Donelson wrote:

Sorry, that is very very feeble compared to what Apple took away from me in previous versions.

Well, you know, if you don't like it, don't use it. Sunbird is another calendar application for Mac that might better suit your needs.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

William Donelson wrote:

Apple's use of Battleship gray is really awful, hard to see and read. I know you are all under 40, and can still see small print too. The abuse of older customers as a policy of Apple needs to be rethought, and Don't Take Out tried-and-true human interface successes Just To Appear To Have Something New For Each System, thank you. I am serious, Lion really is terribly dull looking and much harder to use.

If you say stuff like "The abuse of older customers" and "I know you are all under 40" it's definitely not going to be taken seriously at all. This rant-type message is usually the type that gets skimmed once and tossed.

Oct 1, 2011 12:49 PM in response to d6d24r94

d6d24r94 wrote: Sunbird is another calendar application for Mac that might better suit your needs. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

William Donelson wrote: Apple's use of Battleship gray is really awful...

If you say stuff like "The abuse of older customers" and "I know you are all under 40" it's definitely not going to be taken seriously at all. This rant-type message is usually the type that gets skimmed once and tossed.

Well, nothing else seems to work, as I am sure you know. Nice messages have never even gotten replies from Apple, never ever "taken seriously at all" ever!

Their rigid Jobs-fear corporate hierarchy makes any customer-driven progress almost non-existent. I know this for a fact, first-hand. (Jobs was brilliant, but rude and arrogant and I witnessed some truly inhumane things there)

So, complaining about my complaint is of no use for any of us. My complaint (not just about iCal, but the whole of Lion) does show my frustration and despair, so at least that is clear.

I will try out Sunbird, thanks. Looks good.

Dull, dull, dull, confusing, dull - Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.