Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime 10 won't loop wmv videos

"loop" function doesn't work with wmv files.

I have to close the video and reopen it to get it to play again. also some videos won't open at all. they were all working correctly before the upgrade to lion.

quicktime 10.1. os x 10.7.1 flip4mac 2.4.0.11

macbook pro 2.66 i7, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 12:42 PM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2011 7:28 AM in response to anorton

"loop" function doesn't work with wmv files.

I have to close the video and reopen it to get it to play again. also some videos won't open at all. they were all working correctly before the upgrade to lion.

Same problem on my system. QT X Player appears to be applying some form of contextual playback based on the file container and extension. Here is what I've noted with regard to QT X:

1) WMV data in WMV file container will play only once per opening/will not loop.

2) WMV data in MOV file container will play multiple times and will loop. Unfortunately, it would not play the Windows audio from the MOV file container.

3) WMV data in WMV file container with extension manually chaged to MOV in the Finder will not open in either QT X or QT 7.

4) Files 1 & 2 above both loop and play correctly in QT 7 Player.

Recommend you download/install the QT 7.6.6 Player as a temporary work around and report the bug as Apple Feedback.

User uploaded file

quicktime 10 won't loop wmv videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.