Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New "Autofill your contact info" prompt

I have two autofill-related questions.

First, when I'm on the PajamasMedia comment site and similar places, it used to be that when I typed the first few letters of my email it would fill it in. So I would type in "d" and "david@amazing.com" would come up. Now I type "da" and it asks if I want to autofill from contact info. I say yes and all it fills in is the email. This is awkward and annoying, while the old way "just worked". Is there any way to switch back?

Here's a related question: My local public library has a really nice web site that lets me track what books I have out, etc. However, it uses a security system worthy of the military - a long ID number like "4111000029449" and a four digit PIN. Both are entered using password fields, which makes them very secure but hard to get right. I would love to simply autofill the ID and PIN, just like any other username/password combination, but since they are not set up with the standard password field names, it doesn't seem to be possible. Is there any way to autofill an arbitrary form like this?

Thanks!

David

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 27" iMac, SSD+HD, Lion

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 1:42 PM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2011 4:02 PM in response to David Dennis

David...

1. Go to Safari / Preferences then select the Autofill tab. Make sure all three boxes are selected.

2. Try using a different browser. Reason being, some sites work differently with the autofill feature on different browsers.

If you don't have another browser installed, it's good to have one for situations like this and in case Safari isn't working, you have a backup browser.

I go back and forth between Safari and Firefox all the time.

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Free Download

New "Autofill your contact info" prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.