Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from MacBook Pro under Lion OS X after the automatic logout.

When I go idle, my MacBook Pro does the typical log out....& prompts me for my password to get back in. I have sound previous to this, but, when I log back in, all the sound is gone. This frequently started happening with Internet videos (youtube) / flash getting no sound, but now it's the entire system. In order to get sound, I have to shut down my entire notebook and start back up.

When I click the sound effects in the System Preferences > Sound .... They do work.

Any solution to this sound issue?

If you need more information please ask.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 8:22 PM

9 replies

Apr 16, 2012 8:21 AM in response to Canyonlight

Hi. Same here. I haven't try the PRAM reset, but rebooting the system works, with the obvius corresponding time consumption 😟.

The system has two user accounts that are running simultaneously, my wife’s with Chrome, VLC, and other image and video tools (no professional ones). On my profile I have chrome, vlc, jdownloader, mail, mkvtools and stuff like that.

I first thought that one app was blocking the access to the sound card to the other apps, but if I turn off all of them and log out one user, the problem persists. So I end up rebooting the system…

Any help will be appreciated

No sound from MacBook Pro under Lion OS X after the automatic logout.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.