Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I DELETE OR MANAGE INDIVIDUAL PICTURES FROM FOLDERS ONCE SYNCED TO IPAD

ONCE I SYNC MY PHOTO ALBUMS FROM ITUNES TOO MY IPAD2 , HOW CAN I MANAGE OR ERASE INDIVIDUAL PICTURES AND OR MANAGE MY FOLDERS FROM THE IPAD

iPad 2, Other OS

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 11:03 PM

5 replies

Oct 1, 2011 11:09 PM in response to CR11581

At the moment you don't - the management is done prior to syncing them to the iPad, they cannot be deleted or moved directly on the iPad. When iOS 5 is released and installed then (from http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/features.html#photos) :

Even organize your photos in albums - right on your device

Until iOS 5 though, you need to do it on your computer

Oct 1, 2011 11:21 PM in response to CR11581

You don't do it in iTunes, if you are using a PC then you can do it in windows explorer prior to iTunes - your management of the photos needs to be done before you select what to sync via iTunes. The way that I sync photos to my iPad (which maay not be the best way but it works for me) was to create a separate 'ipad selection' folder on my computer, and underneath that I created separate sub-folders for different photo locations/subjects with copies of the photos that I want on the iPad - I then select that 'ipad selection' folder on the Photos tab in iTunes and each of the sub-folders underneath are then synced to my iPad, each getting their own album.

(For info typing in all capitals on is considered to be SHOUTING).

Oct 1, 2011 11:28 PM in response to King_Penguin

my fault, but once i change around my pictures on windows , will it automatically update in itunes.......like 3 people synced their phones with my computer so all their songs and pics are on my itunes and they are mixed with mine so its a big cluster@$#%......and also since u seem like you know what your talking about while your answering me the app for the books dissapeared once i registered and synced for the first time.... thanx alot

Oct 1, 2011 11:52 PM in response to CR11581

If you change the folders/photos on your computer then when you connect your iPad to your computer it should recognise that they have changed and update the photos on the iPad accordingly. I've just added a photo to one of my folders on my computer, connected my iPad, and the photo has been copied over to my iPad without me having to do anything in iTunes; similarly ejecting the iPad from iTunes, deleting that photo from my computer, and re-connecting my iPad to iTunes resulted in the photo being deleted from my iPad

The iBooks app (and I don't know why it seems to affect that app more than others) quite often re-appears after the iPad has restarted after a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

HOW DO I DELETE OR MANAGE INDIVIDUAL PICTURES FROM FOLDERS ONCE SYNCED TO IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.