Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal v Google Calendar odd anomaly

I have a Google calendar that I maintain for my church. I use iCal to maintain it. It is synced to one of many subcalendars in my iCal app.

I have given a few other church members permission to update that same Google calendar. Using Google calendar and iCal together this way generally works very well. Updates one one appear nearly-immediately on the other.

Before today, my biggest problem was mistakenly putting my personal appointments onto the church calendar. I would use iCal to add an appontment, then forget to change the "calendar" subfield in the edit pop-up. When this happened, my personal appointments would appear on the church calendar until either I noticed or a church member would send me an email. Sometimes my mistake made a big joke, easily corrected by simply editing the iCal entry and changing the "calendar" subfield to whatever it was supposed to be.

Until today.

Today I got an email from a church member about one of my personal entries appearing on the Google calendar next October -- over a year from now. It's just like several others I've created by mistake in the past. However, the problem this time is that this particular entry is assigned to its proper subcalendar, not to the church subcalendar, in iCal.

This time it isn't my mistake. I've never seen this before. I think it's an iCal error.

I have no doubt but that I could delete and re-enter the entry to correct the error, but, before I do...

1) Is there any data I could collect (via AppleScript, say) to try to discover the reason for this error?

2) Is there any other group I could write to who might be interested in researching this error?

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

--Gil

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iCal 4.0.4

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 3:56 PM

There are no replies.

iCal v Google Calendar odd anomaly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.