Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autofill / Autocomplete

I've been using Safari now for about 6 months and I'm completely confused by Autofill/Autocomplete. Here are the behaviours I expect based on prvious experience with a broad range of browsers.

ebay. I go to log in. The browser remembers my user name but not my password (I don't want to save any passwords on my machine).

Shopping sites - the browser remembers all my previoulsly entered details, except passwords.

Other sites not requiring passwords - the browser remembers my previous entries.

With Safari none of this happens, on any sites. I've told it not to remember my password for eBay, so every time I use eBay and I've timed out I have to type my account name and password. Even on sites which don't have passwords there is no element of autofill. I've ticked all the boxes in Safari preferences. I've tried using the Autofill forms button in the toolbar. I've re-set safari. I've searched these forums and others for advice. Is there no way to get Safari to remember everything except passwords or is it just another case of Apple doing things differently from other browsers?

Thanks in advance for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 2:08 AM

There are no replies.

Autofill / Autocomplete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.