Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missed opportunity - Apple, why not an internal hard drive?

Just an observation. This really looks like a great opportunity to provide a localized TimeMachine solution. How nice would it be to have a drive built into the display. This would allow TM backups to the display. For users with laptops, this is very convienent.

Maybe revision 2?

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 6:28 AM

5 replies

Oct 3, 2011 8:39 AM in response to EZ Jim

EZ Jim wrote:

In the meantime, if you can do without the optical drive on your laptop, check out

I circled around a similar idea the last weeks allthougt I need the optical here and there.

What impede a bit are two points:

• A 2nd conventional hard drive drowns the battery faster.
  • A matching SSD / HD or SSD / SSD solution will drive my bank account to implode.😁

Oct 3, 2011 2:17 PM in response to lupunus

lupunus wrote: I circled around a similar idea the last weeks allthougt ... A matching SSD / HD or SSD / SSD solution will drive my bank account to implode.😁

Understood all too well, lupunus 😉

However, I wonder whether the price of the extra drive(s) would be as hard on the bank account if YOU add them as if Apple adds them to the already thousand dollar (without drives) TB Display?

Still LOVE strontium's suggestion! Spectacular idea. I credited him with the idea when I offered feedback here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Because Apple does not list Displays separately, I sent feedback via the MacBook Air link. However, you can pick any Mac that you like to offer your suggestions.

Missed opportunity - Apple, why not an internal hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.