Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moved country. Cant update apps.

I've seen a few unanswered threads on this topic, but they are old and have been archived. Hence the new thread.

I recently moved from Singapore to Australia. With that move came a new credit card for australia, and with that, obviously, I am now buying all my apps form the Australian iTunes store.

The problem is, I cant update the apps that were downloaded from the Singapore store previously. It's rather annoying. iTunes tells me I have updates, but when I click through on the # Updates Available, it says;

"No updates are currently available. To check for updates for another Apple ID, sign in with that Apple ID".

I am using the same mobileme ID I always have. I have only changed the Credit Card details from my Singapore Bank to my Australian Bank.

I have over 200 apps in my itunes. I dont want them all on my phone or ipad all the time. I want to use itunes to manage and update my apps. Surely there must be a logical way to do this?

MBPro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 10:17 AM

9 replies

Oct 21, 2012 12:03 PM in response to SteveBox

I have a similar problem - I moved from Australia to the UK. Changed everything in iTunes which is fine on my lap top - have synched both my iphone and my ipad - but neither of them is recongising that I am now in the UK and on the UK store - so cant download any apps as it says I am in the wrong country and I need to change my location - but how do I do that on the phone/ipad?

Oct 3, 2011 10:27 PM in response to Limnos

Hi Limnos, thanks for the response.

Yes the same apps are available in the Australia store.

What I have done is I have deleted all the apps. Yep, all 200+ of them.

Then, I have downloaded them again, one by one from the Australia app store. Even the paid for apps tell me I can download them for free because I have purchased them before. The problem arises again though, as soon as the apps have a due update.

It's not a train smash, but it is annoying. And the more apps you have the more difficult.

Clicking on the X# Available Updates link does not tell you which apps they are either. So you either have to load them all onto the phone/ipad, or go through them one by one again, deleting each one, and then re downloading.

Feb 14, 2013 10:04 PM in response to Behnam1111

Is this thread active ?

I haven't changed credit cards , I haven't changed Email, I did not visit iTunes ( till after the problem) I just went about my work !!! And while on long tour I've been moved from the india store to the united Arab emitted stores !!! And my updates ...

Only sin .... using the United Arab Emirates ISP

Yes even the update notifications that I have received are not working !!!

Please help !!!!

Apr 11, 2013 12:25 AM in response to SteveBox

A FIX ---

I was having same issue, for 3 years, after moving from the US to NZ.

iTunes would indicate I had 27 updates available, but only 2 or 3 would be actually be there, because the rest were downloaded from the iTunes store in the other country, or the other credit card.

So I used to have to change my iTunes Account from NZ back to US (and address and credit card back to my US one that I still have) in order to update all apps, then change back to NZ again next day. A hassle, but it worked, because I still have a US credit card and address to use.

However, I have just found a way to update all apps, without the workaround! It's just a bit of a process if you have a lot of apps, but it is quite easy.

Here goes....

1. Simply open iTunes and log in to your account.

2. Click on Apps in your left menu (tonight mine was showing 27 updates available, but none showed up when I clicked for the updates)

3. View all your Apps by 'List'

4. When you hover over each App name, the arrow pops up

5. Click on the arrow, then click 'Show in iTunes Store'

6. You are taken to the App Store page for that App

7. If the button below the App icon says 'Downloaded', it means you have it and it is up-to-date.

8. IF THE FREE/PURCHASE BUTTON BELOW THE APP ICON SAYS 'FREE', IT MEANS IT NEEDS AN UPDATE (because iTunes recongnises that you have purchssed the App before). CLICK THIS AND THE UPDATE DOWNLOADS

The only issue is you have to go back to the App list and check every one until your update count gets to zero.

I hope it works for you, too.

Moved country. Cant update apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.