Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail: how can i cancel a failed email w/ error: "cannot send message... the server didn't recognize the following recipiants..." when the failed list is so long, it goes below my screen?

How do i cancel a failed email w/ error: "cannot send message... the server didn't recognize the following recipiants..." when the failed list is so long, it goes below my screen? I can't access the cancel button. i can see it when i shrink the page using F3, but i cant ever get to the cancel button. for more specifics on what happened: I accidentaly pasted a huge list of non-email addresses into the BCC field instead of a list of email addresses. natrually, the email came back to me with the error: "Cannot send message using the server ______. ______ did not recognixe the following addresses:" then it lists hundreds of items which are so numerous, the list goes below the limits of my screen and i can't scroll down to find a cancel button. I can see some blue buttons when i minimize the page using F3, but I cannot find a way to actually accesss them. I have tried 'command -' to try and shrink the page. it doesn't work. i used force quit, but unfortunatally Mail dutifully recovered this page as soon as i reopened it.

please help. thanks for your time!

jeremy

MacBook4,1, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 11:37 AM

SOLUTION:

found this on another person's post. it worked.

When you have that long box open, try clicking into it and make sure it is activated and then press enter. OS X usually makes it so you can hit enter for the most commonly used option, which is usually highlighted in blue. It might work, it might not, but it's worth a shot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2011 11:37 AM in response to jeremy in new york

SOLUTION:

found this on another person's post. it worked.

When you have that long box open, try clicking into it and make sure it is activated and then press enter. OS X usually makes it so you can hit enter for the most commonly used option, which is usually highlighted in blue. It might work, it might not, but it's worth a shot.

Apple Mail: how can i cancel a failed email w/ error: "cannot send message... the server didn't recognize the following recipiants..." when the failed list is so long, it goes below my screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.