Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tabloid Paper Size

Does anyone know how to get a page printed out of Numbers in 11 x 17 or 12 x 18 inch paper sizes?

I can't seem to find either of these and i can't find a section to set my own paper size.

thanks.

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 1:17 PM

you can use the page inspector :

User uploaded file

When you select a particular name in the "Paper size" menu you can see the size just after you select. "Tabloid" and "Tabloid Extra" seem to be what you are looking for.

7 replies

Oct 3, 2011 1:31 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Hi Wayne.

Big thanks.

So I /set/ the paper size /before/ i pulldown to Print?

And then I hit the Scale to Fit and I can save this setting in the Print Dialog when I am finished as - for instance 12 x 18 NUMBERS Scale to Fit?

Do you happen to know what this is called and whether I can use it for OTHER SOFTWARE? I mean, can I pull down to this setting if I am in Preview or Pages or Photoshop or something?

And this is called a Print Setting that is particular to that PRINTER?

Do you know where this setting gets stored?

Thanks...

Oct 3, 2011 1:38 PM in response to hotwheels22

Most mac software is document centered... meaning that for WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) to work you have to select a paper size for your document. The paper sizes are available from the driver (I think) as the printer generally can handle specific types of paper.

If you set the content of the Numbers document, then there is no need to scale the content at print time (although you may if you like). I don't think I have ever use that check box in Numbers (or any iWork program) and have been a user since it came out. Generally I use the scale to fit check box for documents I cannot modify (like pdfs, or images).

I believe the print selections you make are stored in the document and only affect that document.

Oct 3, 2011 1:57 PM in response to Wayne Contello

> If you set the content of the Numbers document

Hi. Thanks a bunch.

So I scale the content with the slider and then what was the two settings for in the printer dialog again?

One is to scale to fit and the other one below the paper size is checked if you want to make sure it will only scale to fit /down/ and not to scale up?

I mean, there IS a scale to fit setting here but when you are in numbers you don't use this setting and you use the manual slider?

Is there no other way to just set this software to scale to fit horizontally or vertically at print time?

Thanks a ton. This one was not fun.

Oct 3, 2011 3:03 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Hi Wayne,

This is not lost on me but the slider is a total pain.

This is how I work. I can eyeball it.

If I can't get a document onto one page I can't read it. It runs across multiple pages and becomes too unwieldy.

This is also the point of having the ability to print onto 12 x 18 paper so that almost everything comes up readable.

Anybody got ideas on how to make this happen?

Cheers and thanks.

Tabloid Paper Size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.