Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my Macbook Pro 2011 suddenly stops?

I have bought brand new MacBook pro 15-inch model with highest specifications in this June. I have also installed newest Mac OS, Lion.

There is my problem. Yesterday, I was using my Mac normally as always, everything was working perfectly. However, I left my computer turned on and went outside for a few hours and when I came back my "MacBook" was totally not responding. Nothing worked, not even mouse. The only solution was to hold the power button.Moreover, the same thing happened today.

Please could you help me what could the possible problem be.

Here is the log:

User uploaded file

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 3, 2011 3:50 PM

6 replies

Oct 3, 2011 5:49 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Grant Bennet-Alder wrote:

Your wireless network seems to be coming and going with great frequency.

ArthurOff,

Sorry but can't give you advise on the "Quarz Thing" thing.

But, had you upgraded to Lion?

June model's got delivered with Snow Leopard.

If so, perform a Permissions Repair with the Disk Utility as permissions on system files may get scrambled during upgrade. Don't bother about upcoming warnings during that process. It's ok. See -> http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1448

Aside of the actual issue, your log shows that you have a wireless issue too. The Mac frequently disassociate the wifi and associate sometimes to a different BSSID.

Do you use a Airport Extreme or Time Capsule to establish your wireless?

You should fix that soon after the actual issue is cleared.

Lupunus

Message was edited by: lupunus // Question added

Oct 4, 2011 4:20 AM in response to ArthurOff

ArthurOff wrote:

Yes, I have upgraded to "Lion"

Then it is highly recommended to perform the permissions repair as during the upgrade the permissions on some configuration files may get scrambled.

When your Mac will not wake up from sleep, there could be several reasons, mostly not dangerous though. In many cases the Mac Pro in fact wake up, but the display wont.

Next time that "no wake up" happen, try to wake the Mac up by pressing the the "eject" button of the optical drive.

If that works --> Permissions repair

If that does not work --> Perform a SMC reset.

"A portable Mac doesn't appear to respond properly when you close or open the lid." -->> http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

If booth does not work for you:

• Had you installed a new software before the issue starts?
  • Had you changed settings in the System Configuration before the issue starts?
  • What was the last major change on your Mac before the issue starts?

Bluetooth may cause that as some Bluetooth mice can interfere with sleep.

A application using a damaged font may cause that.

A corrupted entry in the power management may cause that too. (see SMC reset)

ArthurOff wrote:

Talking about the Internet, I use just a standart "Wi-Fi" ("Virgin Media 50Mb").

Oh, it was not the Internet I refer to. It was your wireless cause it drop frequently and reconnect according to your logfile.

User uploaded file

I guess you are UK based so some minor changes in the settings either of the Virgin or your WiFi base may stop that.

Which WiFi router you are using with the Virgin 50mb?

Lupunus

Message was edited by: lupunus (typo's fixed / image added)

Why my Macbook Pro 2011 suddenly stops?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.