Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow missing photos.

I have a problem withe the slideshows in Iphoto. I discovered that not all of the selected photos are displayed. The photos that are NOT displayed during the show are the photos that have NOT been changed. Can anyone give me help?

I thought that the cause was a recent installation of PICASA on my IMAC, but after de-installation the same problem exists. I include a photo, so that you can see what happens: the photo cannot be displayed.

Thanks in advance for anaybody who could answer this question: it is really a very big problem for me, because in this sample ("Rome"), only the photos # 7 and #8 are displayable. User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 1:01 AM

8 replies

Oct 4, 2011 1:13 AM in response to cfrommeppel

The ! turns up when iPhoto loses the connection between the thumbnail in the iPhoto Window and the file it represents.

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one. .

Regards

TD

Nov 2, 2011 3:23 PM in response to cfrommeppel

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I tried to rebuild using Option 1, but although I say that I want to rebuild, nothing happens.

I have further looked into the problem. I have discovered that the photos that are not correct (get an exclamation mark, when clicked upon), have only a file in the map "iphotolibrary/Data", while the photos that have no problems have two files: one in "Data" and one in "Originals".

Has somebody an idea what I can do to repair? See screenshots. photo1010757 is OK and is found 4 times (Iphotolibrary/Data, Iphotolibrary Kopie/Data, Iphotolibrary/Originals and Iphotolibrary Kopie/Originals, while photo 1010756 is not OK and exists only in the "Data map".

Mar 8, 2015 10:49 AM in response to cfrommeppel

So I guess I'm sort of in the same boat.

OS X 10.10.2

IPhoto 9.6

I have built many many slideshows for my business but not since I upgraded my OS. (two weeks ago)

I have all the jpegs in my "timeline" and can change the timing of each one. I can see the original in my folder yet when exporting the show random pics will show up as black in the show. I can export again and a different jpeg will decide to go black.
I'm a bit lost here.

Slideshow missing photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.