Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup drive silly question

I should know this but I don't, can you store programs on your back up drive as I want to put xplane on my computer and the largest spare space I have is on the backup drive.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 6:06 AM

Technically yes however it's a very foolish idea. External HD's that are used for back should be dedicated for backup only. The reason being is if that drive fails (and eventually it will) you will have lost not only your backup but your data too. Because EHD's are very innexpensive there really isn't any reason to not have a second or third EHD to use for data storage.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2011 6:06 AM in response to Boogie99

Technically yes however it's a very foolish idea. External HD's that are used for back should be dedicated for backup only. The reason being is if that drive fails (and eventually it will) you will have lost not only your backup but your data too. Because EHD's are very innexpensive there really isn't any reason to not have a second or third EHD to use for data storage.

Backup drive silly question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.