Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert .lnk files to alias?

I would like to migrate a whole folder structure that my wife has put together on her Windows machine to the Mac.

Problem is that to save space she has used shortcuts (.lnk) files in folders to reference to a jpg or pdf in another folder (because it logically belongs in both folders but she wanted to save space).

Is there any tool that will convert .lnk files to alias files?

Ultimately the goal is to get it all on to the iPad for reference - but need to work out some tagging and also which app is best for it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 7:37 AM

4 replies

Oct 16, 2011 2:40 AM in response to Jason Stone

Hi Jason,

I had to lough when I saw your post, because I have exactly the same problem: My wife wants to move from Win7 to a Mac, and I have to migrate all her folders which are full of .lnk files.

Did you find any answer? I've done a little bit of research, and I found people who recommended using

WinShortcutter http://www.lobotomo.com/products/WinShortcutter/index.html.

Unfortunately I can't test it for myself (we didn't buy a Mac yet), but maybe you can?

Cheers,

JLM

Convert .lnk files to alias?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.