Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New iMac Display Anomalies

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Just got a new imac and I'm starting to see weird display issues spring up randomly:

- Menu items randomly fade on main osx tool bar

- UI window drop shadows become pixelated

- Slight flickiering occasionally.

- UI menu items, when selected show mulicolored/banded distortion.

iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 with 16gb of ram. Video card is AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB. 10.7.1

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 1:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2011 1:16 PM in response to jer

Jer,

With due respect you shouldn't be looking for advice on a help forum with that type of issue on a brand new machine. You should be in touch with AppleCare immediately, if you haven't already purchased AppleCare you have 90 days of free phone support, that should be your first step. You can find the number for your area in your owners manual.

If you bought the machine directly from Apple you have 14 days to return it for either a refund or exchange. If you bought it from another retailer you have to work within their policies for a refund or exchange. Either way you still have the 90 days of AppleCare support and need to begin using it today.

Oct 4, 2011 1:51 PM in response to jer

You've gotten great advice. If your iMac is new and you're having problems, get on the phone and get in touch with Apple right away. And, if you haven't purchased Apple Care and you can still do so timewise, you really ought to do it. Apple Care is a wonderful product; it gives you 3 years of tech support and service.

Brand New iMac Display Anomalies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.