Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 5.0 - trouble sending / receiving

That's pretty much it: getting timed-out ports error on one account for out-going mail while the incoming mail on another account won't work. The former is pop, the latter is IMAP.

I'm on the road going from open net-work to network and have had a great deal of issues with the reliability of my connection, but this sending issue is pretty major.

Note that all accounts work fine through webmail, although that is really not practical at this point because I'm trying to track client communications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

RAx

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Mem: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (sigh)

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Oct 6, 2011 9:25 AM in response to quicksilver8

Thank you quicksilver8; however, I do not see any of my specific issues in that area.

To clarify: on the account that is not downloading the messages: I'm not getting any error whatsoever. Connection doctor says it is logged in & connected (green dot) & although I get the spinning wheel for a long time, I never get any error symbol (triangle or tilde): it just posts the number of unread messages, but it has not updated anything from the past week or so.

The outgoing on the other account has suddenly started working (it seems), although without any indication as to why it stopped in the first place. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, though I suspect I'll have to go into the store for this one.

Rax

ps. "rebuild" is also greyed-out for that particular account (that won't download messages). Not sure what that is about, perhaps related...

Oct 6, 2011 10:03 AM in response to quicksilver8

you mean under activity monitor?

it fires right through authentication, but I get the "blue-stripe" bar when it hits "retrieving" or "fetching" messages - but it never returns an error. It goes on to say "adding messages", but nothing happens, it just restarts: log-in, authenticate, copy messages / fetch messages <time passes>, rinse & repeat.

Mail 5.0 - trouble sending / receiving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.