Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to synch, I get the message, The iPhone cannot be synched. The required file cannot be found

I have iPhoto library open when I try to synch but get this mesage for both iPhone synch and iPad2 synch - !!!

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 1:28 PM

That error can usually be resolved by deleting the iPod Photo Cache folder(s). A new one will be recreated the next time you sync Photos with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Deleting this folder will not remove the original images from your library. This explains how: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1314

3 replies

Apr 23, 2014 4:45 AM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

I am having difficulty synching my ipod and its really annoying..when i connect it to my laptop and try to synch i get a message that says," file cannot be found", currently there is nothing on the ipod and I have a library that i want to synch with. Do you have any ideas as to how i go about solving this problem?..ipod classic 33GB, any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

When trying to synch, I get the message, The iPhone cannot be synched. The required file cannot be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.