Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We could not complete your purchase - Unknown Error

When trying to update my apps, I get this error message:

We could not complete your purchase Unknown Error.

I've been getting this error for a week straight now.

I uninstalled some of the apps thinking that something was just corrupt, and now I cannot reinstall them (or buy any other app for that matter).

The authors of the apps no longer offer downloads from their individual sites so I'm in trouble here. I have to work tomorrow and I have lost the entire night trying to fix this. I have tried everything mentioned on this forum (signed out, reset safari, cleared the app store cache folder) and now I can't even sign out of the App Store. I click the "Welcome (myname)" and "Account" links and nothing happens.

I even tried restoring the system, but the last step said something like "you cannot update mac osx lion server, you must erase the hard drive first." But I didn't know I had OSX Lion Server. I just bought the Server app awhile back thinking it would let me deploy a MAMP development environment and then deleted it because it was a joke of an app.

So am I screwed or just missing something here?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 3:11 AM

9 replies

We could not complete your purchase - Unknown Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.