Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help! My iPhone won't turn on.

I was browsing the internet on my iPhone 4 when suddenly the screen went black. I tried turning my phone on but nothing happened. I tried holding the sleep button and the home button at the same time, but still nothing. The apple symbol does not even appear. I think that the battery life before my phone shut off was around 50%-60%. I called my phone from my landline and it rang a few times before going to voicemail. When my phone is shut off it goes straight to voicemail. Does this mean my phone is still on?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 6:47 PM

Flip Mute/Vibrate Switch, if iPhone Vibrates it is on. Connect to iTunes, leave it connected for a bit, does iTunes Recognize the iPhone? Give it a couple of minutes?

If no response from iPhone, connect to Wall Charger for 10 minutes. It may start up on its own. If still nothing, keep connected to Wall Charger and Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the iPhone begins to start up, usully less than 15 seconds.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2011 6:47 PM in response to AyeshaCustodio

Flip Mute/Vibrate Switch, if iPhone Vibrates it is on. Connect to iTunes, leave it connected for a bit, does iTunes Recognize the iPhone? Give it a couple of minutes?

If no response from iPhone, connect to Wall Charger for 10 minutes. It may start up on its own. If still nothing, keep connected to Wall Charger and Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the iPhone begins to start up, usully less than 15 seconds.

Oct 6, 2011 7:37 PM in response to brad805

Thank you for your suggestions!

I flipped the mute/vibrate switch, but had no response.

I connected my phone to my laptop and my laptop made the noise that shows it knows something just got connected to it, but iTunes did not pop up.

I connected my phone to my wall charger for about 15 minutes but it did not power on. I tried holding down the home & power buttons for longer than 15 seconds, but still no response.

I had my brother call my phone from his phone and he said it rang before going to voicemail, but my phone itself did not ring or respond in anyway.

Oct 6, 2011 8:30 PM in response to AyeshaCustodio

Leave it Connect to the Wall Outlet for an hour or so...

Then try this...

You will Not Lose Any Data...

Turn the Phone Off... ( if it isn’t already )

Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time...

Wait for the Apple logo to Appear and then Disappear...

Usually takes about 15 - 20 Seconds... (But can take Longer...)

Release the Buttons...

Turn the Phone On...

If that doesn't Help... Connect to the Computer you Usually Sync with and see if you can get it into Recovery Mode...

Recovery Mode

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

If still no joy... take it to an Apple Store and get them to have a look at it...

Be sure to make an appointment first.

Please help! My iPhone won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.