Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 8217

I am on iTunes 10.4.1 and I'm getting an error when I try to download items onto my iMac

Error 8217

Does anyone have a fix?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 27" i5, 8GB RAM

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 12:40 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2011 12:58 AM in response to Whitfactor

I figured it out. I reset the Preferences and it fixed it.

1. Quit iTunes

2. Goto: Users --> Library --> Preferences --> and drag the file: com.apple.iTunes.plist to your desktop.

3. if that fixed it for you, delete the file from your desktop and smile. If not, you can drag the plist file back into preferences and everything should go back how it was.

Note: In Lion the Library folder is not visable by default. follow this link for ways to see the folder:

http://appleheadlines.com/2011/08/02/three-ways-to-show-hidden-files-on-mac-os-x -lion/

Jul 18, 2012 8:30 PM in response to Whitfactor

Okay i just figured this out and am willing to help. In finder, go to your Itunes media folder, wherever it is located, there are several files in it, (music, movies, podcasts, mobile aplications, ect...) you should find a folder that is labeled "downloads", right click it and choose "get info". at the bottom of the popup window, theres a section labeled "sharing and permissions" expand it. make sure all the users there read "read & write" close the popup window and make sure it saves. you should have no more problems. If the problem still persists, make sure the folders that are before the "downloads" folder have permission as well. If it STILL persists, exit itunes, delete the "downloads" folder, and restart itunes. Hope I helped!

-Caden

error 8217

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.