Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i edit/share photos on ipad2 ?

Hello,

First of all, i would like to present my deepest sympathies to all of you who work at Apple to Steve Jobs Family. This is a very sad time.

Finger crossed that Apple will be able to make such a good job at creating and marketing such software and products!

I am about to buy an IPad2 with a mac Mini and i would like to be sure of the way it works about Photo editing/sharing.

Here is what i would like to do:

1) Store all my photos on my MacMini

2) Edit photos, create/edit albums on my MacMini

3) At the same time, i want to be able to Edit Photos, create/edit albums (the ones created at step 2 or new ones) on my IPad2.

And here are my questions:

- How will i synch the photos between the IPad2 and the MacMini ?

- If this synchronization is performed through ITunes, will it be a problem if my library is too big ? (i currently have about 15000 photos)

- Can this synchro be performed Over The Air (OTA)

- Is iOS5 mandatory ? is OS Lion Mandatory ?

Many thanks for your help,

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 4:29 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2011 4:48 AM in response to jbguillois

Just to address some of your questions: "If this synchronization is performed through ITunes, will it be a problem if my library is too big ? (i currently have about 15000 photos)". You will be limited by the storage capacity of your iPad2. If you have 16GB then you might find that the 15000 files present a problem. "Is iOS5 mandatory ? is OS Lion Mandatory ?". No upgrades are 'mandatory' but you will find them useful in order to access the newer features of OSX and iOS. Standing firm without updating or upgrading is certainly a prerogative (and choice) of a user but with the advancements in both hardware and software standing pat just leaves you further behind the cutting edge of digital developments. If your demands of computing usage do not require upgrades then there is no need for you to accept them without deliberation. Carefully assess your needs; make your decision accordingly.

Oct 7, 2011 6:48 AM in response to jbguillois

- How will i synch the photos between the IPad2 and the MacMini ?

With iTunes.

- If this synchronization is performed through ITunes, will it be a problem if my library is too big ? (i currently have about 15000 photos)

Iphoto is good for 250,000 images, so you have a little head room yet.

- Can this synchro be performed Over The Air (OTA)

Not at this time.

Regards

TD

how can i edit/share photos on ipad2 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.