Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 installation via an external usb dvd drive

Hello everybody !

So here is my problem :

I have replace my superdrive by a SSD disk and re instal Lion on it 😉 I steel got my orginal hard drive and I use it to save all my documents ... From here everythings it's ok but ...

I need to instal windows 7 ultimate 64bits on a partition located on the hard drive, I use the boot camp assistant, download bootcamp 4, create a partition on my hard drive ok ok, and I put my DVD of Win 7 into an usb external DVD drive because I have replace my superdrive by the SSD !

But when the mac reboot, the DVD start to turn and suddently stop and the apple logo alternate with an image of a folder with an exclamation point on it like it seems to not found the DVD to boot on it !

What am I suppose to now ?

Thank you.

And sorry for my english if I made some mistake. I'm french 🙂

Macbook Pro Core i5, Mac OS X (10.7.1), SSD crucial Vertex 2 series 120go

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 10:04 AM

1 reply

Windows 7 installation via an external usb dvd drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.