Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spyware?

How do I know if my iPhone 4 is bugged with spyware? How can I clean it up completely? Do you have a recommended anti-spyware software?

iPhone 4, spyware

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 4:45 PM

64 replies

Oct 17, 2017 11:19 PM in response to Matt Clifton

You are wrong ! If I had you iCloud I'd and password I can remotely put spyware such as webwatchersdata on your phone . I know my soon to be ex did it to me ! Take case off phone will randomly get hot . Check your photo stream if you have random pics of like your floor or ceilings or snapshots you don't remember you prob got spyware . If your phone lights up at night for no reason no notifications ? You prob got spyware . Phone will be all jacked up too

Oct 12, 2011 7:31 AM in response to macusersince1984

If you plug it into iTunes and click on the app tab, you can see every app that's installed on the phone. If it's not jailbroken, there is no way to hide anything. Any app to do something like that would have to come through the app store and it would have to be tied to the Apple ID registered on the phone.

Protect your passwords. Passcode lock your phone. You won't have any problems.

Oct 12, 2011 7:53 AM in response to macusersince1984

Once again, for the people in the back row.

Unless you have jailbroken your phone, it is NOT POSSIBLE to install ANY program that is not from the Apple App Store. Apple does not allow apps that "spy" on the owner. The only such app it has is the "Find my iPhone" feature, which is intended for you to locate your own device, and this can be turned on and off on the device itself, using your passcode.

If you would like to post back with evidence of one of these "plenty of 3rd party apps" that does NOT require jailbreaking, feel free.

People will argue about the pros and cons of the iPhone's "walled garden" software environment, but enhanced security is definitely one of its major advantages.

Misleading and incorrect information is not helpful to anyone.

Matt

Nov 16, 2011 11:38 AM in response to Matt Clifton

Once an iphone has been jailbroken and a spyware such as Flexispy has been installed, you can hide all of the jailbroken icons. This is a part of the Flexispy install process. The whole thing takes less than ten minutes.

My question is: Is there a way to find out if a phone is currently jailbroken? In other words, I didn't jailbreak my phone---I want to find out if someone else that had access to it did and hid/uninstalled the Cydia icons. I DO NOT want to have to restore the phone.

Could it be something as simple as an extra line/symbol/whatever in a file system name somewhere? Type in *3412 (whatever it may be), and if XYZ happens, the phone is jailbroken, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 16, 2011 11:48 AM in response to brinleyd

brinleyd wrote:

Once an iphone has been jailbroken and a spyware such as Flexispy has been installed, you can hide all of the jailbroken icons. This is a part of the Flexispy install process. The whole thing takes less than ten minutes.

You actually know somebody who might have spent $349 to spy on your phone? Are you related to the Obama family?

Wipe it and restore it.

Jan 31, 2012 8:45 AM in response to psioncraze

If you found cydia on the phone, it is definitely jailbroken.

Your phone can not be discussed here. Discussing jailbroken/hacked devices is a violation of the Terms of Use on these forums.

You can try restoring the phone using iTunes, but it is not always possible to revert to a pristine state. You may also find that your phone becomes a brick when you attempt to restore it.

Spyware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.