Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print to Brother 7840W printer with my I pad2?

I purchased an IPad2 and was told that it could print wirelessly using my Brother 7840W printer and it doesn't, I down loaded I print and scan but nothing.

I also called Apple and they told me to call Brother, I think it has to go through my router but I don't know how to set this up.

Can anyone help Me please?

Sincerely,

Lost Sheep

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 6:12 PM

6 replies

Oct 7, 2011 6:21 PM in response to Jmedina247

AFAIK, Brother printers don't support AirPrint, Apple's bulit in app for wireless printing. In such a case, you should check the app store to see if "Bro" makes an app for their printers. If so, great, use it. If not, you can use a third party printing app such as Printopia or Print n Share or Print Central.

Dec 29, 2012 8:31 AM in response to rbii

I know this is an old post, but it tops google if you are trying to get your Brother 7840W to work with Airprint.

If you have a MAC, you can use "direct to Internet" and just type in the IP listed on the brother printer (after you set it up), example you use the setup wizard on the printer itself, then look at the settings, it will say IP ex. 192.168.1.5.

Go to Printers in your MAC setting you should be all set.

FOR iPAD/iPHONE etc:

The latest BROTHER PRINTER APP (just look up brother printing), it works really well with the 7840W - Scanning is slow but efficienct, printing is FAST and easy. The app itself is simple, you can copy and past from other apps and basically print directly from any iCloud. You can also use the SCAN to ipad feature, which is nice if you have to keep track of your receipts or want to save pictures given to you in your iCloud.

Hope this helps anyone.

Print to Brother 7840W printer with my I pad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.