Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon and Applecare Plus

I ordered two new 4S iPhones at 3:00 am this morning on the Verizon Family Plan (moving from ATT after looking at the CNET report!). Applecare was never offered during the transaction (I was VERY careful to check each screen). Got my confirmation. Now Apple tells me I can't buy it separately, even though Verizon has a problem offering it on their site. Verizon told me there was a problem 'in some states'--Texas being one of them--where it does not show up. Now my Verizon order is cancelled, and a new one puts me a week later on delivery. NOT FAIR APPLE!!! You should allow Applecare plus purchases within X (30?) days. What say you? Anyone else with this issue?

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 7:45 PM

12 replies

Oct 9, 2011 2:03 AM in response to houtexanguy

Same thing happened to me in Ohio. I called AppleCare's main office and complained and they are looking into allowing me to get it at delivery. Was not able to get on the Apple site to order are it was constantly down so after about an hour I got it on Verizon and they tell me that they were not aware it was not available there until I advised them. We ALL need to call A.S.A.P. and COMPLAIN LOUDLY about this!!!! I'm supposed to get a call on Mon or Tues about their offer of what to do???

Oct 9, 2011 7:03 AM in response to terryzx

I had the same problem when I bought a 4S iPhone by upgrading with AT&T. AT&T does not seem to sell or, like Verizon, be aware of AppleCare Plus.

AppleCare Plus makes a lot of sense, with its accidental damage coverage, so I rung Apple about this and they advised me to cancel my AT&T upgrade, upgrade through Apple (but staying on AT&T as my carrier), and buy AppleCare Plus that way.

The discrepancy between what Apple and AT&T can offer for the same phone on the same carrier is crazy!

After cancelling, I'm also seemingly unable to get the employee discount I currently have with AT&T if I upgrade through Apple. I'm going to hold out on this and see if Apple and AT&T get their act together. Certainly, Apple needs to be far more attuned with its carriers!

Oct 9, 2011 7:30 AM in response to houtexanguy

Hey,

I called Apple about this on Friday after I preordered early that morning. I preordered through Verizon, who also didn't offer AppleCare Plus. The Apple rep. said that many people were calling about this, and once you recieve your phone to bring it in to an Apple store and purchase AppleCare Plus then. Showing them that the phone is new and isn't damaged (if you are patient...leave in box?). Carriers aren't offering AppleCare Plus yet, this is why Apple will allow this.

This is what I will be doing since AppleCare Plus is a GREAT idea.

Oct 9, 2011 8:07 AM in response to nathanbahl

I just spoke to Apple Sales and the first person I spoke to didn't seem to know anything about bringing a new iPhone 4S, bought from a carrier, to an Apple Store to get AppleCare Plus. Her supervisor then said pretty much the same thing that nathanbahl was told, that once you receive your pre-ordered phone you can bring it to an Apple Store within a reasonable time limit to get AppleCare Plus.

Oct 10, 2011 5:12 PM in response to houtexanguy

I also ordered my phone from Verizon via their website. And also was not given the option to purchase Applecare+. I called Apple two times to ask how to add it and they told me that I had to bring in the preorder confirmation e-mail BEFORE fri. One rep told me I also needed the serial number of the phone. My question is how do I get the serial # before I have the phone? This is ridiculous. Absolutely

Oct 10, 2011 5:57 PM in response to modular747

Actually, to be fair to s49, my initial sales rep. at Apple went so far as to say that I would have to bring in my AT&T preorder confirmation email to an Apple Store ON THE DAY I received the email.

At which point I asked to speak to a supervisor, who said it was fine to bring the actual phone in, after receiving it. That obviously makes more sense.

On a previous call, an ordinary rep, told me I would have to cancel my order and reorder through Apple to get AppleCare Plus.

Clearly some Apple reps aren't clued up on what the deal is and the stern rubric on Apple's website about AppleCare Plus doesn't help either.

Oct 14, 2011 12:03 PM in response to houtexanguy

Well - we also got the run around today. I purchased my iPhone directly through Apple and got the Apple Care+ plan. We are with Verizion. My husband went through Verizon because he was offered a better deal on the phone. We then asked about the AC+ plan and they said that they did not have it to sell...we had to go to the Apple store to purchase it...we went there and they said that they only sell the plan with the phone purchased at their store! CRAZY!!! We went back to the Verizon store and they gave us a # to call...Apple...no help there. They really need to get their act together on this! Not sure what my husband is going to do now...I am the Apple lover in the family...he said he was going to return it and call it a day! I beginning not to "LOVE" Apple - why can't they make this easier for all of us?

Oct 17, 2011 10:48 AM in response to houtexanguy

I pre-ordered my iPhone 4s on Oct. 7th. I was able to purchase AppleCare + this morning. I used the Express Lane on the Apple site. I listed my issue as non-technical & asked to have a representative call me back. The call came within 30 seconds. I explained my issue to the rep & she added AppleCare+ for me after I gave her the serial # for my iPhone. The entire process took less than 10 minutes.

Verizon and Applecare Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.