Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selling Verizon iPhone 4s

I was eligible for a phone upgrade through Verizon and I used it earlier today for the iPhone 4s. I don't plan on keeping the phone but actually selling it. What are the steps to doing this? When the new owner opens up his iPhone and activates it will it be under my account? Is it in anyway tied to my account? The plan I has no data plan, would this affect anything?

iPhone 4s-OTHER

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 7:35 PM

7 replies

Oct 7, 2011 8:57 PM in response to wzdro

YOu don' t want the new user on your account. If htey fail to pay the bill, guess who's credit rating will be hurt?

That said, you will have to cancel your account for the phone when you sell it, or transfer it to a new iphone.

When you cancel your account early, Verizon will charge you a fee, equivalent to the remainder of the subsidized price they gave you for that 2 year contract.

Oct 8, 2011 4:21 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

What the heck 250 isn't that much! I say 250 because taxes for the iPhone here in California are way high. I've decided to just hold on to the phone. I placed my order yesterday around 12pm PST and my confirmation says "Delivers October 14." If anyone knows from past experience, is Apple good on keeping their word.. delivery day wise?

Nov 2, 2011 11:40 AM in response to wzdro

From my own experience, yes the phone you purchased with your upgrade will be tied to your account. I purchased the iP4s with my upgrade on my second line, sold it on eBay, factory sealed. I didn't open it or do anything with the phone. Thankfully, the person who purchased it lived very close and we were able to get together and sort everything out. BUT, when they got the phone, they tried putting their sim (from their iP4) in to the new phone, but it kept asking to activate it under my line. IT WAS A BIG MESS!!! Too many details to get into here. It's made me reconsider ever doing that again, At least we were able to sort everything out with the help from AT&T and Apple who thankfully were both in the same mall. lol

Not sure why it got so screwed up. I've upgraded each time to the new iPhone that has come out and sold the previous iPhone on eBay (after wiping everything off of it and removing the sim) and I've never had any issues with the buyer having problems using it on their line.

I think the issue was that now there is an activation that has to happen (don't recall having to do that prior to the iP4s). If I had activated the phone, removed the sim prior to shipping it, then I probably wouldn't have had this issue, but the intent was to sell it factory-sealed. I believe it's Apple's way of making it more difficult to sell to the "grey" market.

iPhoNettie

Selling Verizon iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.