Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart album by year and face1 and/or face2

For a printed album I would like to query my library for pictures from a certain year containing (and) face1 and/or (any) face2. I tried to create a smart album but it seems I can only use 'ALL' or 'ANY' criteria. My specific query actually needs both criteria to be mixed, is this possible? When possible please tell me how.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 2:15 AM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2011 3:03 AM in response to j.jochem

Yes, it is, if you use a combination of smart albums and the search HUD.

Use the smart album for your primary search criteria

Date: Capture year is

Use the Search HUD for further filtering: set it to "any" and with "add rule" add your secondary criteria

Face: is name1

Face: is name2

The Filter HUD appears, if you click the little magnifying glass beside the search field in split view.

Or, you could select both sets of faces in the faces view, flag them, and then define an smart album with the criteria "Flagged" and "Date: Capture year is"

I really would like to know, if there is a hidden option like in iTunes , making it possible to define complex smart albums by holding down the option key when adding a rule , anybody knows how?

Regards

Léonie

Smart album by year and face1 and/or face2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.