Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I organize my Artist and Albums when song has more than one artist?

When I am adding songs to my Itouch I am finding it difficult to organize the music the way I want. For example if I have a rap album in my Itunes, lets say Eminem's The Eminem Show, and I want to add it to my Itouch. First of all I want to touch ARTIST on my Itouch and have a list of the single artists. I want to be able to find Eminem, click his name, and have a list of his albums and any songs he is featured on on anyone elses albums. The problem I have ran into is when I am editing song information for it to be organized (For example: Eminem - Lighters which features Bruno Mars) and I list Eminem in the ALBUM ARTIST field and in the ARTIST field I list EMINEM, BRUNO MARS. In the Artist list on my itouch this causes Eminem to be shown but also right under it shows Eminem, Bruno Mars with that one song linked to it. What works with this apporach is if you click on the Album list on Itouch it simple shows the Eminem Show album, and when you open the album you nearly see all of the songs and under the songs the artists that are also featured on it. That I do like and want. When i try reversing it and listing ALBUM ARTIST as Eminem, Bruno Mars and ARTIST as Eminem it shows only one Eminem in the Artist list on itouch which I like and want to happen, but when I click on Eminem and it shows what albums he has it lists the Eminem Show album more than once depending on how many different artists are on a different song. This I do not want. I have tried using the "Sorting" part with no success either.

I simply want on my itouch, a list of the single artists. To be able to click on that artists name and see one listing of their albums. To open that album up and see where other Artists are featured on a song such as seeing "Lighters" with Bruno Mars featured under it, and also be able to go to the Artist list and find Bruno Mars and click on his name and see the Lighters song catagorized under his name also because he is featured on it. Is this possible to do?

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 3:42 AM

There are no replies.

How do I organize my Artist and Albums when song has more than one artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.