Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drop box on Time Capsule

Is it possible to set up a drop box on TC?

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 6:09 AM

10 replies

Oct 8, 2011 10:01 AM in response to Stephen Clements

It's a simple matter to create a folder on the Time Capsule drive to function as a drop box using the Finder. Post back if you need more details on how to do this with a Mac.

Accessing the Time Capsule from the Internet is a completely different matter. There are dozens of articles about how to do this on the Internet. Try a Google search phrase like....

how to access Time Capsule from the Internet

....for a number of links like this one, for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIQ7SzA1cK4

Oct 11, 2011 6:43 AM in response to Stephen Clements

Apple has indicated that a "Cloud" based solution is coming soon, so you might want to look for that.

If you are willing to move the contents on the Time Capsule disk to another drive for temporary storage and then erase the Time Capsule disk.....

Using AirPort Utility > Manual Setup > Disks > Sharing, you can enable the option to Secure Shared Disks = With Accounts.

Set up an account for each user with a password for that user and they can access the "public" portion of the drive and their own private folder or folders.

Unfortunately, there is no way to allocate a given amount of space for each user with this setup.

Once you have the Accounts set up, you can transfer your files back over to your private folder(s) on your Account.

Jan 2, 2013 2:13 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Hi,

Just like H.Zhang I have a similar question about creating a DropBox-like folder on my Time Capsule that is available offline on my Macs and syncs when connected to the internet at home or elsewhere.

In other words: is it possible to use the space on my Time Capsule for iCloud/DropBox-like synchronization of documents?

For your and my own interest, I just found this interesting post that somehow relates to my problem: http://johan.co/blog/2012/8/26/dropbox-vs-icloud-my-way.

Drop box on Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.