Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find serial number for iTunes

Can't find serial number for iTunes! I need it and I can't find it... Where do you find it in the new updated versions?? Help!

Thanks

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 7:58 AM

9 replies

Mar 5, 2015 5:07 AM in response to burnernotworking

Apple provide limited phone support with their hardware, not iTunes. If it is an iTunes issue then describe it here and perhaps we can help. If it is a hardware issue and you have registered your product then you should be able to locate the serial number and check on your warranty/support options at https://supportprofile.apple.com/

tt2

Dec 4, 2015 12:45 AM in response to turingtest2

When I try to play shows or movies on my computer, it doesn't work. I hit play and then the screen just stays black. This has happened before and I can usually fix it by restarting my computer (I have PC) but I've tried restarting my computer several times and the problem remains. I tried to schedule a call with apple support, but I don't think I have a serial number because I'm not using a mac computer. I don't know what to do because I guess it's an iTunes software problem, not an apple hardware problem. And they don't seem to provide a phone number to just call. Help!

Dec 4, 2015 2:27 AM in response to Australia18

In some cases with 64-bit systems you may need to install the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release and QuickTime to enable iTunes to work with certain videos. 32-bit users should install QuickTime. In addition users with high-resolution screens may find it helps to switch to 1920x1080. You should be able to use the contact forms to get in touch with Apple support if you still need to.

tt2

Can't find serial number for iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.