Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export preset question

Is it possible to set an Export preset - so that the SMALLER of an image's two dimensions is fixed?

As an example, I can create a preset to give me dimensions of, say, 1000 x 600 pixels. Or, 1000 x 542 pixels, and so forth. The image will adjust as needed. Can I go in the other direction? I would like to set 1000 pixels as the default on the smaller side, with the image adjusting on the larger side to keep the proper aspect ratio.

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 11:22 AM

Just make the larger dimension in the preset much larger than you'll ever need and Aperture will basically ignore it. It will not change the aspect ratio of the image.

For example, if you have a 5000 x 5000 image and you export it with a preset that is 10000 x 1000, the resulting output will still be 1000 x 1000. Basically the export preset never crops or distorts your image.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2011 11:22 AM in response to Lucky13

Just make the larger dimension in the preset much larger than you'll ever need and Aperture will basically ignore it. It will not change the aspect ratio of the image.

For example, if you have a 5000 x 5000 image and you export it with a preset that is 10000 x 1000, the resulting output will still be 1000 x 1000. Basically the export preset never crops or distorts your image.

Export preset question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.