Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CPU Peaks then no Audio - Lion 10.7.1, Logic Studio 9.1.5 & Apogee Ensemble

Hello fellow musicians,

I am having a problem with logic in lion and apogee ensemble latest (just released) lion drivers.

When I create only two tracks for example with software instruments (I use Kontakt 5 - studio drummer and Ivory II). All plugs are updated to latest version.

At certain points, CPU can peak and then as a result I get no audio. From that point onwards I cannot hear anything from the system, be it logic or even other mac os applications.

This can happen just during playback at specific points where the CPU is very high, or just simply because of a random CPU peak, and/or also when I instantiate a new plugin even when logic is not in playback.

I see a very high peak of CPU that goes into the red, there is no error message which should happen usually when logic encounters such a peak, and then no sound.

In Maestreo 2 (Apogee's control panel) I see no signal coming through. But in logic the signal leds show info is coming through.

The only way to restore audio connection is to change audio drivers in logic, then revert back to apogee's drivers. Then audio is back.

What is the problem? Is this a logic/3rd party plugins problem? Or is this an apogee drivers problem?

Please help 🙂

I am using a Macbook Pro 2.53ghz, 4gb, Apogee Ensemble firewire daisy chained to a WD firewire 800 drive.

All plugs are latest released, all bought.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks,

David

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 8:56 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2012 4:43 PM in response to David Bendayan

Hi Guys,

just chated a little bit with Apogee Support (come on and do the same 🙂...just a little pressure).

i'm also having this situation (Logic 9.1.7, Mac OS X 10.7.4).

they are not aware of this situation as an issue yet but they told me to increase I/O Buffer Size (in my case i went from 256MB to 512MB, tried a couple of heavy operations and the sound doesn't go away...).

i don't see this suggestion as a reasonable fix...as i never needed it on previous Logic/OS X versions...something's going on....

can anyone test with ProTools?

similar thread here.

CPU Peaks then no Audio - Lion 10.7.1, Logic Studio 9.1.5 & Apogee Ensemble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.