Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I know If I have Java Plugin 1.5

I just purchased a network drive that moves files on a website. In order to use the Drag and Drop feature, the instructions say I need Java Plugin Version 1.5 on my browser. I have both the most recent versions of Safari and Firefox. Neither allows the drag and drop of the files. The website says that the Drop and Drag only works if there is the Java Plugin Version 1.5 installed, but when I try to download the plugin, the site states that if I have a Mac with Snow Leopard, I automatically have the plugin. I am trying to find out why this drag and drop does not work. Any suggestions?

Pages-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 11:27 PM

Launch Safari then click on the help menu then click installed plug-ins scroll down to the Java Applet Plug-in. What are you trying to drag and drop?

2 replies

Oct 9, 2011 9:48 AM in response to brantleyestates

Thank you for your answer. My problem is with the software for the Seagate GoFlex Home wireless network drive, which is controlled by a company website, which is logged into. One of the primary features is the ability to drag and drop large groups of files from Finder to a box on the website which supposedly transfers these files to the network drive. There is information in the manual for the drive, that this works based on the java plugin 1.5. When it didn't work, I thought I did not have the correct plugin as part of Safari, but you have shown me how to check, and that does not seem to be the problem. I will try to get further answers from Seagate, though I do not see that its other users have raised this issue on its forum website.

How Do I know If I have Java Plugin 1.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.