Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Driving Me Crazy

Recently my mac has been acting crazy. When I put the cursor on something, it jumps away. If I have more than one program open and am working on one, suddenly it jumps away and all of the open programs are visible at once in small versions. It takes me 4 or 5 tries to just click a button.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Thank you.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2 gig, 1T hard drive

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 8:17 AM

For starters it would help to know what kind of "powermac" you have out of the many models out there. Are you using a mouse or a trackpad? Have you tried using a different mouse? Have you cheked your mouse sensitivity in system preferences? If using a mouse, what kind? Wired or wireless? If wireless, is the battery good? What surface are you using this on? As you can see, it helps to provide background with this kind of question...

The "small versions" thing sounds to me like your cursor is jumping to the corner of your screen where it activates one of the Expose features.

Frankly with the jumping mouse my money is on a bad mouse or trackpad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2011 8:17 AM in response to JRIH

For starters it would help to know what kind of "powermac" you have out of the many models out there. Are you using a mouse or a trackpad? Have you tried using a different mouse? Have you cheked your mouse sensitivity in system preferences? If using a mouse, what kind? Wired or wireless? If wireless, is the battery good? What surface are you using this on? As you can see, it helps to provide background with this kind of question...

The "small versions" thing sounds to me like your cursor is jumping to the corner of your screen where it activates one of the Expose features.

Frankly with the jumping mouse my money is on a bad mouse or trackpad.

Driving Me Crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.