Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i sell songs made on garage band?

can i sell songs that i have made on garage band? 😕

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 1:27 AM

24 replies

Oct 17, 2017 6:50 PM in response to onlywindowsuseronhere

onlywindowsuseronhere wrote:

The "Royalty" would be what you get paid when someone buys a license to use the music.

no the Royalty to which the agreement refers is what one would possibly have to pay the owner of the loops: Apple. the agreement says you do NOT have to pay a royalty to Apple to use their loops.

onlywindowsuseronhere wrote:

You can sell the music, but not license it.

you can do ANYthing you want with ANYthing you _create_, that would include licensing your music, if you so desired.

Oct 9, 2011 5:57 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

In my licence I read:

You may use the Apple and third party audio loop content (Audio Content), contained in or otherwise included with the Apple Software, on a royalty-free basis, to create your own original music compositions or audio projects. You may broadcast and/or distribute your own music compositions or audio projects that were created using the Audio Content, however, individual audio loops may not be commercially or otherwise distributed on a standalone basis, nor may they be repackaged in whole or in part as audio samples, sound effects or music beds.

The key phrase is: , on a royalty-free basis,

What would be the point of selling without royalties?

Oct 9, 2011 10:19 AM in response to charliy219

charliy219 wrote:

can i sell songs that i have made on garage band? 😕

Unequivocally yes!

Reasons for not being able to sell a song you made in GB would be no different than selling a song made any other way. GB itself has nothing to do with it.

Also, there is no restriction for using AppleLoops in any song and doing anything you want with that song.

Oct 9, 2011 10:33 AM in response to léonie

leonieDF wrote:

Yes, you can, but read the licence that came with your GB installation. You are restricted when using the loops:

You can't sell the loops, and you can't sell audio containing the loops.

To clarify, this is false.

No need to read the licence or stress out in any way.

Use, enjoy, sell.

The one exception is that you're not allowed to set up a pirating shop for the loops themselves, to duplicate and sell JamPacks as raw materials for other people's songs. She's correct in that "You can't sell the loops."

But as soon as you do anything with the loops themselves - put them in a song, a commercial, a salad, there are no restrictions whatsoever. In other words if you are a musician, filmmaker, or anything other than an illicit software pirating shop, you have nothing to worry about.

can i sell songs made on garage band?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.