Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zen MP3 player not recognised on iMAC

I have a Zen MP3 player (about 2½ years old) but when I connect it to my iMAC via a USB slot, the computer doesn't even acknowledge its existence although it seems to recharge the battery quite happily.

Thus I can't downloaded new MP3 tracks or organsie the content I already have on the player. The Creative Zen website appears not to have any downloadable software to help.

Any suggestions to get this thing working again will be gratefully received!

G.

iMac

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 7:31 AM

Try the free XNJB http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/

Stefan

6 replies

Oct 11, 2011 2:12 AM in response to Fortuny

Thanks very much Stefan. I have taken the plunge and downloaded XNJB and in many respects it is good, superior to the Zen software in some respects. For example I have been able to tidy up files easily whereas the Zen software was hopeless for this. (Except for the earlier Zen Stone where the software was easy to use and brilliant - oh why oh why do software developers take good software that works well, then ruin it??!!)

However, all I can seem to be able to do with XNJB is to tidy up labels and not a lot else. I still don't seem to be able to drag ripped CDs to my MP3 player nor play anything on my MAC.

Am I asking the impossible? Can this be done on a Mac? Or should I switch back to PC/Windows? (Not inclined to buy iPod or iPhone)

Many thanks.

G.

Zen MP3 player not recognised on iMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.